Here are some of the ways Bower is prioritizing sustainability, health, and community:
- Replaced unit light bulbs with LED bulbs, which use 75% less energy than incandescent, and last up to 25 times longer.
- Incorporated View Smart Glass into every single windowpane, allowing natural light in while keeping unwanted heat and glare out. Residents enjoy all day views while significantly improving energy efficiency.
- Installed Good Filling stations in the community, offering residents access to household goods while minimizing single-use plastics.
- Installed EV stations for convenient charging.
- Planted native and drought-tolerant plants to minimize the need for irrigation.
Health and Wellbeing
- Installed a water bottle filling station and drinking fountain in the gym to reduce disposable water bottle use and increase access to fresh water for all.
- Partnered with Green City Growers to plant seasonal pollinator gardens with herbs and veggies for resident use. These pollen-producing plants attract and protect biodiversity.
- Designed modern fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Provided resident bike parking and maintenance.
- Planted seasonal herb gardens for resident use.
- Used Universal Design practices which recognize that everyone is different, and takes into consideration their abilities, as well as mental, physical, and emotional needs.
- Implemented Biophilic Design for a connection to nature and mental, physical, and emotional health.
- Used GREENGUARD certified low VOC paints to reduce harmful gasses emitted by traditional paints.
- Installed walk-off floor mats at all entries to reduce indoor air pollutants and dirt.
- Prohibited smoking inside the building and within ten feet.
- Provided green cleaning supplies to all staff and tenants, reducing harsh chemicals.
Bower is a LEED and Fitwel Certified building.